Learn360: Academic documentaries and movies!
Swank K12 Streaming: Movie streaming for the classroom
Cameron’s Collection: Digital books about mental, physical, sex health topics. Science based information. Multi-use, simultaneous check-outs. Use school emails or “cghs” for the password.
The State of California has created quick access links for the databases below. You may use this link to access databases from anywhere in California WITHOUT logging in.
Links are also available at bighouselibrary.com under “resources” or the “databases” button
on the right side. Titles are linked to the databases, and followed by username/password if
Encyclopedia Britannica School (English)
Encyclopedia Britannica Escolar (Spanish)
SIRS Researcher: petaluma/P3t@luma Curriculum-aligned database organized by current events & complex issues
ProQuest CultureGrams: petaluma/P3t@luma Concise cultural information on countries around the world
ProQuest eLibrary: petaluma/P3t@luma General reference collection of periodical and digital media content for beginning researchers
ProQuest Central: petaluma/P3t@luma Database of millions of articles from more than 10,000 full-text scholarly journals
SIRS Discover: petaluma/P3t@luma Selected content for beginning researchers. Perfect to focus on using information.
ProQuest Research Companion: petaluma/P3t@luma Information literacy tools and tutorials to help develop critical thinking.
Bloom’s Taxonomy: casagrande /gauchos Literature database
Today’s Science: casagrande/gauchos Science current events, videos, tutorials, peer reviews
Teen Health and Wellness: petaluma/petaluma Medical Board certified mental and physical health information
Gale Global Issues in Context: cghs Empowering learners to critically analyze and understand the most important issues of the modern world
California K-12 Digital Resources
Online content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, ProQuest research databases, and TeachingBooks.net are available — at school, at home, in libraries, on laptops, on phones — to all.
These three databases are provided for all California students from the California State Library.
Encyclopaedia Britannica (PreK-12)
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources. Post links directly to each school level, elementary, middle or high.
ProQuest (Grades 3-12)
- CultureGrams - Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world. (Grades 3-12)
- SIRS Discoverer - A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
- SIRS Issues Researcher - Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+)
- eLibrary - Guided Research edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content including more than 11,000 Research Topics (Grades 6+)
- eLibrary - Database Edition General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+)
- ProQuest Central Student - designed to bring instant results to users across thousands of journals, magazines, newspapers, videos, reports, and more. This resource brings together some of ProQuest's most used databases in education, humanities, psychology, science, social sciences, and news. (Grades 9+, IB, AP, College Prep)
- ProQuest Research Companion - a self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction.(Grades 8+)
- Schools & Educators Complete - eBook subscription database of over 13,000 titles that supports English Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Information Literacy and Technology. (Grades 9+, possibly some content for Middle School, also includes professional development content for faculty)
BLOOM'S LITERATURE: Literature database